Since crowdfunding for the Silver Spear will begin on September 13, 2014, it’s only appropriate that The Violet Fox has a little go-around the blogosphere to spread the word about the anticipated sequel!
Helping me out with this blog tour is the very wonderful Kate Larking, my new marketing assistant.
If you’ve never heard of The Violet Fox, here’s the book:
**oooh, ahh so pretties! It’s been around.***
That’s what instinct told me.
But in order to save the secrets of my people
and to protect my brother
I have to become the enemy.
There are two kinds of people in the land of Marlenia.
The Marlenians, who live on the surface,
and the Freetors, who are forced to live underground.
The war between them ended two hundred years ago, but the Freetors still fight for the right to live under the sun. Fifteen-year-old Kiera Driscoll embodies the Freetors’ hopes as the Violet Fox. In a violet cape and mask, she sneaks around Marlenia City stealing food and freeing her people from slavery.
Then the Elders task her with a secret mission: retrieve a stolen tome that contains the secrets of Freetor magic, something the Marlenians both fear and covet. Kiera must disguise herself as a noblewoman and infiltrate the Marlenian castle before the Freetor-hating Advisor finds out her real identity, before her brother is imprisoned because of the secrets he hides, and before she falls any more in love with the prince she’s supposed to hate.
More is happening in the castle than she realizes, and Kiera is faced with a difficult choice. Will she be loyal to her people and their fight for freedom, or will she be loyal to her heart?
I’m looking for as many blogs as possible to participate! Reviews, interviews, guest posts (limited spots available), or just good ol’ fashion book blast is fine with me. The blog tour will take place from September 12 to October 13, 2014.
Couple of things:
1. You don’t have to read the book to participate. But if you do, that’s great! I’m happy to provide you an e-copy (PDF, ePub, & mobi).
2. This blog tour is a build up to the crowdfunding campaign for The Violet Fox’s sequel, The Silver Spear, which starts on September 13. If you could mention the campaign, that would be great! We will send you all the details we have to help with that.
3. The Violet Fox’s book birthday is October 13! We will be having a celebration. More details on that closer to the day, but if you sign up you’ll be kept in the loop.
Do you want to review The Violet Fox? You will like this book if you enjoy:
1) Fairy tales & adventure (the story is Cinderella meets Robin Hood/Mask of Zorro)
2) Detailed fantasy worlds
3) Castle intrigue, where no one is who they seem! (dun dun dun…)
4) Female protagonists who KICK BUTT! (and other body parts)
5) Forbidden romance!! :O
If you want to participate in the blog tour, please use the handy sign-up form below, or email kate (at) faeryinkpress (dot) com. Or, you can comment on this blog post.
Sept 13: Some Like It Paranormal (Guest Post, Interview)
Sept 17: Workaday Reads (Interview)
Sept 18: Pretty In Fiction (Guest Post)
Sept 19: Journey with Books – Review
Sept 25: A Journey Through Pages (Guest Post)
Sept 26: The Bookish Outsider – Review
Oct 1: The Howling Turtle (Guest Post)
Oct 10: Will Bake for Books
Oct 12: Challenging Reads – Review
Thanks everyone, hope to hear from you soon!